Thursday, June 13, 2013

Fathers Day



It's almost Father's Day!  I love Father's Day.  There's something sublimely intimate about the relationship between a father and a child-and taking a day to celebrate that is amazing.

My dad is a huge chocolate fan, and I remember when I was a child growing up, we would sit together at night and eat ice cream together while watching a corny movie or show on TV.  I'd pile my ice cream up with whipped cream, and slowly make ice cream "Soup" out of it, savoring the melted chocolate/whipped cream goodness.

This year, I'm far away from my father, but I'll grab a bowl of ice cream, top it with some spoonfudge, and Skype with him.  :)  If you haven't tried it, Spoonfudge + ice cream is AMAZING, and hopefully later this summer I'll add some in to homemade ice cream.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.




No comments:

Post a Comment